Jugdeep is a Solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Team and is based in Birmingham.
Jugdeep advises developers, contractors, sub-contractors and other construction and engineering professionals across a broad range of contentious issues in particular contractual claims arising from standard and bespoke forms of contract, such as JCT and NEC.
Jugdeep has assisted clients with payment disputes, loss and expense claims, claims for defective workmanship and design, and professional negligence claims.
Jugdeep is experienced in all forms of dispute resolution including litigation, adjudication and mediation.
His recent experience includes:
- Advising and assisting a global client pursuing a multi-million pound claim against a contractor in respect of remedial works to their defective premises and the recovery of business interruption costs. The claim was successfully settled by way of mediation;
- Providing advice on contract amendments to Developers and Contractors;
- Assisting and advising various contractors and subcontractors on adjudications seeking declarations, ‘smash and grab’ adjudications and merits based adjudications in relation to final account disputes and disputes over interim payment applications.
- Advising clients on the proper service of applications for payment/payment and pay less notices;
- Preparing for adjudication including drafting Notices of Adjudication, Referral and witness statements;
- Advising a developer on a dispute with the Contractor and Contract Administrator in relation to a payment dispute;
- Advising main contractors in respect of defective workmanship carried out by subcontractors.
Jugdeep trained at Weightmans LLP and qualified in 2016.
He joined Shoosmiths in 2018 having previously worked at Wright Hassall LLP as a newly qualified construction solicitor.