Julia heads the commercial team in Solent. She specialises in commercial contracts and is experienced in a wide variety of commercial arrangements including supply chain and risk management, procurement, framework agreements, outsourcing, agency, distribution, partnering and collaboration.
Julia has significant experience advising clients on strategic, complex and business critical projects both nationally and internationally across a wide range of industries. She has particular expertise in facilities management, manufacturing, waste, logistics and retail.
Her recent experience includes:
- drafting and negotiating global framework procurement arrangements worth in excess of £1.2 billion for business critical direct materials for a top-ten FTSE FMCG business;
- assisting a leading supplier of LPG with the restructuring of its entire cylinder wholesale and retail distribution network including arrangements with each tier of its partner network;
- drafting a template agency agreement for one of the largest consumer electrical buying groups in Europe partnering across its 600 plus agency network;
- advising on a potential £375 million total facilities management outsourcing as main contractor at MOD sovereign base areas in British Overseas Territories;
- advising on structuring and drafting template global framework goods and services procurement agreements for multiple group buyers / suppliers for a top-ten FTSE FMCG business;
- negotiating national warehousing and logistics arrangements for one of the largest consumer electrical buying groups in Europe; and
- drafting a suite of template procurement agreements for a household-name international print and digital media business.
Julia joined Shoosmiths in 2012. Prior to that she worked at DLA Piper, Hammonds (now Squire Patton Boggs) and Eversheds. Since joining Shoosmiths Julia has spent 12 months as seconded general counsel at a global outsourcing business with a UK turnover in excess of £1 billion where she advised on all key customer contracts. Julia has also spent more than 5 years advising on major procurement projects at a top-ten FTSE FMCG business acting as an extension of their in-house legal team.