Julie has a particular interest in banking related litigation having enjoyed a progressive banking career with National Westminster Bank Plc prior to qualifying as a solicitor in 2001. She remains an Associate of The London Institute of Banking & Finance (previously known as the Chartered Institute of Bankers). She gained extensive experience as a general commercial litigator with Edwards Geldard and Needham & James. This included successfully appealing a county court decision in the Court of Appeal with the assistance of Counsel in the reported case of First National Bank PLC v Achampong  EWCA Civ 487. However, since joining Shoosmiths in 2009, she has specialised in financial services disputes.
Her experience includes:
- acting in and successfully negotiating a settlement agreement over a 2-year period in respect of a £10 million claim concerning performance issues and fitness for purpose of a biomass boiler;
- advising and successfully resolving a dispute over a 4 year period arising from breaches of a vendor services agreement to manage a lending portfolio in a claim of £250,000;
- obtaining a High Court Injunction within 24 hours of instructions for the delivery up of 27 vehicles and subsequently settling the underlying damages claim of £100,000;
- considering the merits of and successfully obtaining a Freezing Injunction in respect of various company and directors’ bank accounts for fraudulent applications and monies obtained under a broker agreement and issuing a damages claim for £750,000; and
- advising upon and obtaining an order for delivery up and subsequently repossessing machinery located in Norway in a damages claim of £200,000.