Katie is a senior associate in the corporate team based in the London office.
Katie advises national and international clients on a wide range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings, corporate governance, investments, joint ventures, restructures and shareholder arrangements. In recent years Katie’s has specialised in acting on a number of cross-border joint ventures and buyouts, mainly with European or Middle-Eastern focus.
Katie also has experience in acting for a number of AIM and Main Market listed companies, nominated advisers and brokers on reverse takeovers, initial public offerings, secondary fundraisings and regulatory compliance. In 2018, Katie co-authored Thomson Reuters’ annual regulatory overview of UK Equity Capital Markets.
Key recent and historic transactions include:
- Acting on the share sale of a UK-headquartered international innervation group, with simultaneous UK group divestments;
- Advising the selling shareholders of Innervision Management Limited on its sale to IRIS Software Group, the largest privately held software group in the UK;
- Acting on a US$160million disposal for a Cayman-based entity and its shareholders of its joint venture interests in Cyprus, Dubai, Turkey and Africa to its German co-shareholder under English law;
- Advising the selling shareholders of Indigo Planning on its sale to Canadian-listed global services firm, WSP;
- Working with the UK arm of a US-headquartered group on a US$120million acquisition of an international technology and IP group based in Australia, Asia and the UK;
- Advising a Saudi Arabian group of companies on a new joint venture and related arrangements with its German partner under English law.
Katie studied law at the University of Reading before completing the Legal Practice Course at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Prior to joining Shoosmiths, Katie spent a number of years within the London office of a growing national firm and previously worked in-house with 3M, managing the group’s UK company secretarial compliance.