Kirsty is a real estate lawyer and has a broad range of experience in many aspects of commercial property, with a particular focus on conditional contracts, commercial development and forward funding, portfolio management for major plc clients and all aspects of Landlord and Tenant work. She acts for a wide variety of clients including developers, investors, landlords and occupational tenants principally in the Later Living sector and the retail, licensed and leisure sectors.
Kirsty's experience includes:
- dealing with acquisitions for BarCo plc on its ambitious bar roll out programme and managing real estate aspects of its portfolio;
- acting for various DevCos on conditional acquisitions, subsales, disposals, pre-lets and forward funding arrangements;
- managing the portfolio of over 250 properties on behalf of retail occupier and investor;
- acting on a scheme of redevelopment, letting and subsequent investment sale of various strategic sites for pubco plc;
- advising on and managing real estate aspects of a research and development collaboration project at a major international pharmaceutical corporation's north west facility.
Kirsty studied at the University of Manchester, the Universite de Bourgogne in Dijon and the College of Law in Chester. She trained at Laytons before joining Shoosmiths in June 2011 as a newly qualified lawyer.