Lauren is an Associate in the Commercial team at Shoosmiths. Lauren has experience working on a range of technology and commercial contract matters, both in the private sector and in the public sector. Lauren has excellent transaction and organisation skills as well as the technical ability to understand and report on the more complex aspects of commercial agreements, such as payment mechanisms and compensation on termination provisions.
Lauren also has a specialism in information and privacy law and has advised a number of clients on compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Lauren regularly reviews commercial contracts from a data protection perspective and advises on privacy policies and compliance, as well as advising on other information law matters such as freedom of information.
Recent experience includes:
- advising a leading global mobile telecommunications company in relation to a major technology transition programme;
- assisting with reviewing and agreeing a broad range of commercial and technology contracts as part of a wider corporate transition project;
- advising an investment company on the acquisition of a large portfolio of rooftop solar PV systems located In Northern Ireland, including assisting with project due diligence, drafting the operation and maintenance contract, and dealing with the assignment of various agreements;
- assisting the team with a project refinancing of an onshore wind farm in Scotland for a large finance house, including undertaking due diligence on the main project documentation and reporting to the client;
- providing data protection support to a large aviation services company across its UK and Ireland businesses, including advising on approach to contract negotiations and negotiating a complex data sharing and processing agreement in relation to occupational health services;
- secondment with the in-house legal team at a large supermarket chain, which included a broad range of commercial contracts in relation to apprenticeship training, pharmacy services, and staff benefit plans;
- advising a leading UK automotive services and breakdown company on a number of commercial and technology contracts, including a software licence agreement for vehicle recovery management software and a framework IT services agreement for a rostering resource system;
- advising a large UK retailer on a framework agreement relating to systems integration and other IT services;
- advising a large provider of home care services on a transitional services agreement as part of a business and assets sale;
- advising a careers and training provider in relation to the hosting and distribution of training content on an online platform operated by an Indian multinational company;
- advising a licensed energy supplier on a bespoke incubator energy supply agreement, under which new entrants into the energy supply market can set up and develop their businesses under the client’s supply licence; and
- advising a broadband and internet services provider on its standard form service user agreement relating to the provision of internet services for its school clients.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths, Lauren trained as a solicitor at the City of York Council where she was a key member of the in-house legal team and gained experience working on some of the Council’s major projects and negotiating commercial contracts on behalf of the local authority.