Lauren is an associate within the Solent employment team advising on a range of employment law matters including contentious and non-contentious matters. Lauren trained at Shoosmiths and qualified as a solicitor in the Employment team in September 2020.
Lauren regularly provides support to Shoosmiths' Corporate team advising on employment law aspects of sales, acquisitions, mergers and investments. Lauren also has experience of advising on UK employment law in the context of a corporate transaction as part of global acquisitions.
Recent advice Lauren has provided includes:
- supporting on providing advice to clients on a number of HMRC national minimum wage investigations in the retail sector;
- supporting clients through the Coronavirus pandemic including advising on the various Government support schemes available to clients and the employment law impacts of pandemic;
- drafting and advising on the changes to IR35 to be introduced to the private sector from April 2021 including bi-partite and tri-partite consultancy agreements;
- undertaking employee handbook and contract reviews;
- supported clients with data subject access requests including the management and review of the data and drafting the accompanying response;
- advising on a collective consultation process and manging the exit of employees by way of COT3 agreements with ACAS; and
- drafting written submissions for and managing litigation at the Employment Appeal Tribunal that had a complex history that been ongoing since 2013.
Lauren is keen to support clients with pro bono advice and assisted a charity with the lease of a property during her training contract and more recently supporting the University of Law with its MERAL clinic.