Dr Lisa Page is an IP lawyer who leads our pharmaceutical and life sciences practice. A PhD in molecular microbiology coupled with direct practical experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry makes her unique as she truly understand the issues faced by clients in the Life Sciences’ sector. Project management and in-house legal roles, including at a University in-house legal team, mean that her advice is tailored and always pragmatic.
Lisa’s practical experience includes drug development, registration, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, pre-clinical and clinical development, collaborations and spin-outs. This deep understanding of the development stage of new products, the pipeline, co-development, out-licensing and in-licensing arrangements is a critical factor for clients. Her background means that she can speak clients’ language when providing specialist advice in relation to development programmes and exploitation of Life Science technologies.
Lisa’s Life Sciences’ expertise covers a broad spectrum of advice on:-
- IP transactions;
- licensing and development agreements;
- clinical trials;
- manufacturing and supply agreements;
- regulatory issues;
- Life Sciences corporate transactions including due diligence requirements;
- Brands, marketing and advertising; and
- data protection issues in Life Sciences.
Examples of work include:
- negotiation of a complex patent licensing, co-development and assignment agreement
- advising on an antibody library evaluation and licensing agreement
- advising on a clinical trial manufacturing and supply agreement for a patent licensee in a new indication
- drafting a template co-development agreement for a client in anticipation of a programme of co-development deals
Alongside Life Sciences IP, Lisa has a separate practice advising on State aid issues. This developed at the Energy Technologies Institute and continued with University work and in private practice. The advice is focussed on State aid as it applies to research and development including the R&D&I Framework and GBER. She has advised on a number of high value grant funded projects, research infrastructure projects as well as advising research organisations more generally on State aid compliance.