Lisa is a partner and joint-head of Shoosmiths’ planning and CPO team, driving the team’s growth forward across the UK.
An experienced planning lawyer, she acts on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious planning matters, including highways matters and compulsory purchase work, drafting and negotiating complex Section 106 agreements, judicial review, footpath/highway closures, infrastructure agreements and village green issues.
She has acted for a mix of public and private clients, including North West Development Agency, Ainscough Strategic Land, Ask Developments, United Utilities, Tesco and the Co-operative Group.
Lisa’s recent project experience includes advising:
- Millwall Football Club on the Section 106 agreement for the regeneration site around The Den comprising 240,000 sq m of development including 2,400 new homes;
- Ainscough Strategic Land on a planning appeal and public inquiry for mixed use retail and residential development in Shipston and a major development site in Bishop Auckland;
- an international development company or the planning and CPO issues to be overcome to deliver a major mixed use scheme in the south of England;
- Gravesham Council on major regeneration schemes in Gravesend; and
- Tesco Stores on a number of new store development sites in the north of England including advising on all planning and highway related issues, judicial review proceedings, Section 106 agreements, infrastructure agreements and footpath diversions.
Lisa joined Shoosmiths in 2013, having previously worked at Eversheds, DWF and Semple Fraser. She previously spent eight years working in-house for local authorities including Birmingham City Council and the London Borough of Hounslow, a mix of public and private experience that clients find invaluable, as it provides empathy, insights and scope for innovation for projects at the public/private interface.
She is identified as a Leading Individual for Planning legal work in the 2018 editions of Legal 500 and Chambers UK, the latter stating interviewees laud her as “a really hard-working and clever lawyer who finds her way around complex problems”.
Impressed clients add “She is great to work with – she breaks things down into plain English and doesn’t baffle with detail. She is also very personable and pleasant, and very good at what she does.”.