Lizzy is a Principal Associate in the Leeds office of the Shoosmiths Corporate Restructuring and Advisory Team.
Lizzy advises on both non-contentious and contentious aspects of restructuring and corporate insolvency. She acts for corporates, private equity investors, lenders and office holders on a range of matters with a focus on corporate restructuring, turnaround and directors' duties, security reviews and enhancement, and distressed business sales, together with all aspects of formal insolvency procedures, such as administrations, liquidations and receiverships.
Her recent experience includes:
- advising the board of directors of a UK-wide Group operator of gym and retail outlets in relation to CVA feasibility and options analysis and in respect of the effect and subsequent appointment of administrators of a trading subsidiary.
- advising a private equity client on the pre-pack acquisition of a furniture retailer from the administrators.
- advising the administrators on the trading administration of a department store operator and subsequent asset disposals and wind down of trading operations in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- advising the nominees and supervisors of a high profile fashion retailer in relation to the interconnected Group CVA’s and in relation to the administration of the US subsidiary and subsequent chapter 15 recognition of the English proceedings.
- advising the board of directors and subsequently appointed administrators of Europe’s largest suppliers of golf equipment in relation to an AMA process and subsequent pre-pack sale to a private equity investor resulting in the preservation of over 900 jobs.
- advising the board of directors and subsequently appointed administrators of a major UK discount retail operation with over 350 stores.
- advising the boards of directors of approximately 200 subsidiaries of a major UK construction group following the liquidation of the parent company.
- advising the administrators of one of the UK’s largest retailers dealing with a range of trading issues and the subsequent disposal of a large property portfolio.
- advising a lender client in relation to a UK real estate backed loan portfolio sale with c.£2 billion of loan assets.
She was awarded Rising Star at the 2019 IFT Awards.