Lucy works with a variety of clients including insolvency practitioners, banks, asset based lenders, private companies and company directors, providing advice in all aspects of restructuring and insolvency.
Lucy advises insolvency practitioners in connection with all transactional and contentious matters arising from their appointment. Lucy assists on complex corporate restructurings including the implementation of Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVAs) and has experience acting both for buyers and sellers of distressed businesses including pre-pack administration sales. Lucy also has experience preparing and advising on various insolvency related court applications. As regards creditor advisory work, Lucy advises lenders in connection with the validity of their security and their enforcement options.
Lucy's notable experience includes;
- acting for the administrator of Axminster Carpets Limited in the sale of various parts of the business and assets, saving the future of the 265-year old carpet manufacturer and retailer;
- acting for a number of creditors in a High Court trial, successfully appealing against the rejection of their claims in a CVA;
- acting for the purchaser of the assets from the administrators of the Oasis and Warehouse group in an accelerated sale and purchase transaction and the onward sale of the retail brands to Boohoo;
- assisting in connection with the complex restructuring of Monarch Aircraft Engineering Limited, the engineering arm of the failed airline;
- assisting in connection with the implementation of a number of retail CVAs (Monsoon Accessorize Limited, Accessorize Limited, Elvetham Limited trading as Abokado);
- assisting in connection with the administration of the parent company of the international mining group, including acting for the administrators in a court application for a distribution to unsecured creditors and the return of the Company to its shareholders and in the successful response to an unfair harm application brought by the director of the company seeking to exercise management powers in preparation for the end of the successful administration; and
- acting in connection with the high-profile legal challenge of the CVA of a well known high street retail chain.
Lucy trained at Shoosmiths, qualifying into the Corporate Restructuring team in March 2019.