Lucy is an Associate solicitor in the Corporate Restructuring and Advisory team in the Shoosmiths’ Birmingham office.
Lucy works with a variety of clients including insolvency practitioners, banks, asset based lenders, private companies and company directors, providing advice in all aspects of restructuring and insolvency.
Lucy assists insolvency practitioners in connection with all matters arising from their appointment, including making court applications in insolvency related matters. Lucy assists in complex corporate restructurings including in the implementation of Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVAs) and has experience of acting both for buyers and sellers of distressed business and asset sales and pre-pack administrations. Lucy also advises lenders in connection with security reviews and in the enforcement of their security.
Lucy's notable recent experience includes;
- Acting for the administrator of Axminster Carpets Limited in the sale of various parts of the business and assets, saving the future of the 265-year old carpet manufacturer and retailer;
- acting in connection with a successful appeal by a number of creditors against the rejection of their claims in a CVA culminating in a High Court trial (Re JPF Clarke (Construction) Ltd  9 WLUK 245 (also known as Maze Inns Ltd (In Liquidation) v Hunt));
- acting for the purchaser of the assets from the administrators of the Oasis and Warehouse group in an accelerated sale and purchase transaction and the onward sale of the retail brands to Boohoo;
- assisting in connection with the complex restructuring of Monarch Aircraft Engineering Limited, the engineering arm of the failed airline;
- assisting in connection with the implementation of a number of retail CVAs (Monsoon Accessorize Limited, Accessorize Limited, Elvetham Limited trading as Abokado);
- assisting in connection with the administration of ASA Resource Group PLC, the parent company of the international mining group, including acting for the administrators in a court application for a distribution to unsecured creditors and the return of the Company to its shareholders and in the successful response to an unfair harm application brought by the director of the company seeking to exercise management powers in preparation for the end of the successful administration (Dearing v Skelton and Fleming  EWHC 1370 (Ch) (29 May 2020)); and
- acting in connection with the high-profile legal challenge of the CVA of a well known high street retail chain.
Lucy trained at Shoosmiths, qualifying into the Corporate Restructuring team in March 2019.