Mark is a corporate partner, specialising in advising both public and private companies in corporate transactions, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, listings/de-listings, demergers, capital fund raisings and reductions, joint ventures, compliance and corporate governance.
Project experience includes advising:
- PPF Group NV on numerous cross border M&A transactions including its acquisition of a 50% stake in the Eldorado Group, Russia's largest consumer electronics retailer for $300 million;
- Croma Security Solutions Group plc on numerous corporate acquisitions and corporate governance and related matters;
- Hitachi Rail Europe Limited in connection with its participation in a £4.5 billion government contract to build and service a new fleet of high speed intercity trains to be operated on the Great West Main Line and East Coast Main Line;
- Numerous owner/managers on the sale of their businesses; and
- A variety of corporate groups on buy and build programmes.
Mark joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2005. Prior to that Mark was a partner in Blake Lapthorn. Mark trained at Gouldens in the City, qualifying in 1986, before moving to join the corporate department of Freshfields in 1987 where he remained for four years.