Natalie is a specialist non-contentious construction lawyer with over 13 years’ experience working in the construction industry advising a range of clients including contractors, employers and developers across a wide variety of sectors including infrastructure, energy, commercial development and PFI/PPP.
Recent project experience includes:
- Advising one of the UK’s largest contractors on its bids for the £6.6 billion High Speed 2 Civils Package tenders. Natalie was the lead lawyer for this bid which involved her negotiating and agreeing complex terms of a joint venture agreement with JV partners and advising the board on the terms of the construction contract with HS2, leading to the successful award of two civils works packages worth approximately £1 billion each;
- Advising the contractor on the £5 billion bid to run the next Wales and Borders Rail Franchise and to build the next phase of the Metro where she negotiated terms of a JV agreement with proposed JV partners and advised on the terms of a complex franchise agreement with Transport for Wales.
- Advising the Employer in its Ofgem-regulated sale of offshore transmission construction assets on one of the UK’s largest offshore wind farms to a third party purchaser as part of Ofgem’s OFTO regime;
- Advising an international renewable energy client on its procurement contracts with key contractors for its offshore wind farm projects;
- Advising leading UK developer clients on the building contract, collateral warranties and consultant appointments for various projects including the expansion of a holiday accommodation business at various UK sites and for a new hotel to form part of its UK hotel chain;
- Advising the Authority on the construction contract and ancillary documents relating to the design, build, operation and management of a £125 million Energy from Waste Facility;
- Advising employers, developers, contractors and consultants on standard form and non-standard form construction contracts (including JCT, NEC, ICE, GC Works, Alliance contracts, PPC2000 and TPC2000), consultants appointments, collateral warranties, letters of intent and agreements for lease;
Natalie joined Shoosmiths in March 2020. Natalie started her professional legal life at Pinsent Masons LLP before moving in-house with both Carillion plc and RWE Renewables.