Nathan has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate work, with a focus in recent years on large-scale investment, development, and leasing transactions. He has acted for a number of listed property companies and investment funds, as well as public sector bodies and other public and private companies on a wide range of major real estate projects.
His experience includes the acquisition and disposal of retail and office schemes, development agreements (including overage agreements), and site assembly. Nathan has acted for some of the largest landlords in the UK on matters including pre-lets and conditional agreements for lease, with a particular focus on retail properties. He also acts for major corporate occupiers and other companies with significant property holdings, in relation to all landlord and tenant matters, from HQ developments and relocations, to day to day asset management of property portfolios.
His recent experience includes advising:
- a global private equity house on all aspects of a £700m+ UK-wide property portfolio;
- an international motor manufacturing group in connection with the redevlopment and new leases of its UK headquarters;
- a major international manufacturing company in relation to the sale, demolition, redevelopment and lease back of its headquarters including the form of forward funding agreement entered into by its development partner;
- two global investment funds in respect of the acquisition, disposal, and ongoing management of a major shopping centre in the south east of England;
- an international retailer on the conditional purchase of a development site, including overage agreements and the acquisition of options to acquire further land;
- a global technology company in relation to all aspects of its UK property portfolio.
Nathan spent over 12 years working in the City of London, with more than ten years in the real estate team of Nabarro LLP. Nathan joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2012.