Nick is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team and specialises in acting for national and international clients on a wide range of matters including acquisitions and disposals, private equity investments, joint ventures, group restructuring, contractual issues and day to day corporate governance. Nick has particular expertise in the food and beverage and retail sectors.
Recent work highlights include:
- acting for management on the refinancing of pub group Amber Taverns, consisting of the disposal of their existing equity interests and subsequent re-investment into a new Topco;
- acting for Fuchs Group, Germany's largest spice producers, on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Bart Ingredients, the second largest branded spice company in the United Kingdom, from the private equity company Langholm Capital;
- acting for Pepkor Europe Limited, part of the Steinhoff group of companies (which includes Poundland) on corporate governance, group reorganisations, re-financing and the implementation of executive incentive schemes;
- acting for Aprirose Real Estate Investment on its acquisition of a portfolio of 25 public houses;
- acting for PepsiCo Holdings on its strategic acquisition of the Pipers Crisps brand. Deal was subject to CMA approval;
- acting for OSRAM (a Germany corporate headquartered in Munich) on its strategic acquisition of Ring Automotive from management team and institutional seller (Rubicon Partners). Deal was subject to CMA approval; and
- acting for Inflexion Capital Partners on its investment in Grindeys Legal Limited/O'Neill Patient, a specialist conveyancing business.
Nick completed the LPC at BPP Manchester, before training at Mills & Reeve in Norwich where he qualified into their corporate team in 2008. Nick then worked at DWF Law LLP in London from January 2017 (after ten years at Mills & Reeve) before moving to Shoosmiths in December 2019.