Nick is a Senior Associate in the Thames Valley Real Estate Team, and has experience in all aspects of real estate work. His experience includes the acquisition and disposal of retail and office schemes, and acting for corporate occupiers and institutional landlords with significant property holdings (including property investment trusts, major PLC clients and private companies). Nick acts on all landlord and tenant matters, ranging from retail, office and industrial space lettings to relocations and day to day asset management of property portfolios.
Nick was seconded to a key client in 2015 and acted in the role of property director managing the client’s property portfolio, managing all aspects of property strategy, asset management, sales and liaison with external advisers.
Nick also has experience in the Telecommunications letting market (both on the landlord and tenant side) and has worked for a number of institutional landlords whose business focus is on providing sites to Telecomms operators. Nick also advises institutional landlords on a varied spectrum of telecoms related matters particularly in light of the changing market landscape following the new Code coming in at the end of 2017.
His recent experience includes advising:
- a large investment trust on the sale of a retail shopping centre for £285 million;
- on the relocation of a toy maker’s main UK distribution hub with a deal value of £20 million;
- on the relocation a key southern distribution depot for a plant hire company on a complex site being CPO’d for use by HS2;
- a property trust on multiple new lettings and re-gears and subsequent sale of one of its key modern and recently refurbished office letting premises in Maidstone with a deal value in excess of £8 million;
- a large investment trust on multiple significant strategic lettings, tenant relocations, complex development agreements and documenting various tenant incentives / capital contributions and considerations of Construction Industry Scheme and tax consequences at a retail shopping centre with a deal value in excess of £12 million;
- a significant developer on a retail tenant offering for a mixed use development project in Harlseden; and
- a construction client on the real estate aspects for a complicated site being sold in Gloucestershire as part of a business and asset sale.
Nick joined Shoosmiths in 2010.
Legal Practice Course (Oxford Institute of Legal Practice).
Law with Environmental Science (Oxford Brookes University).