Nichola has spent significant time working in industry, including with OEM and Tier 1 automotive suppliers and with a leading global supplier of innovative software solutions. She is able to apply her technical knowledge, combined with over 15 years legal experience, to provide expert advice to her clients in the exploitation of their ideas, inventions, designs and technology.
Nichola is passionate about new technology and innovation. She works closely with companies across the whole innovation ecosystem, including FTSE 100 and global technology companies, SMEs with market leading technology and research intensive universities. She advises clients in relation to:
- research and development agreements;
- funding arrangements;
- through licensing, joint ventures, revenue sharing agreements or spin outs; and
- supply and manufacturing agreements.
Nichola also advises clients in relation to branding and marketing, including the protection and licensing of trade marks, trade dress, get up and social media. Recent examples of Nichola’s work include:
- working closely with the Commercialisation and IP department of the a Russell Group University, acting as an extension of their legal team in the drafting and negotiation of a number of IP commercialisation agreements;
- advising DataLase Ltd in relation to a variety of development, licensing, and supply agreements concerning innovative printing technology; and
- advising a producer of specialist cycling equipment in respect of a number of development and collaboration agreements, including projects funded through Innovate UK.
Nichola previously worked at iSOFT, Pinsent Masons, DWF and SGH Martineau (now Shakespeare Martineau).