Nim advises clients on a wide range of commercial matters including drafting/negotiating software licence agreements, SaaS agreements, distribution agreements, supply/purchase of goods/services agreements, and franchise agreements and related documentation.
She regularly advises clients in a broad range of sectors including technology, automotive and industrial supplies. Recent project experience includes:
- drafting master global agreements for the provision of IT goods and services to a pharmaceutical company, multinational media conglomerate and an international industrial service company for a Fortune 500 IT provider;
- assisting with the drafting, negotiation and finalising of a £10 million contract for the purchase of integrated facilities management services with a catering and foodservice company for an automotive client;
- assisting with the negotiations and mark-up of a global master services agreement for the provision of credit reference, marketing, home insurance and other related data services to a multinational energy and services company for a multinational consumer credit reporting company;
- advising on and drafting terms and conditions and the small print for a mobile phone network operator relating to the launch of a new unlimited tariff with 5G services;
- drafting contract variations for complex outsourced catering contracts and completing risk analysis documentation for a multinational commercial catering and foodservice company;
- drafting and assisting in the negotiation of sponsorship and ambassador agreements for high profile celebrities and sports personalities for an automotive client; and
- drafting a complex IP agreement for a luxury makeup, skincare & fragrance brand relating to its arrangements with its perfume provider.
Outside of project work, Nim works closely with a number of our clients’ in-house legal teams to assist with their day-to-day commercial contracting arrangements. This work typically involves negotiating contracts based on standard terms, understanding the business’ risk profile and providing strategic commercial advice.
Nim has considerable experience working in-house. She has spent time on secondment with two automotive manufacturers, a fortune 500 multi-brand technology solutions provider, a top 10 provider of transportation and logistics services, the UK’s largest tools supplier, a luxury makeup, skincare & fragrance brand, a multinational commercial catering and foodservice company, the world’s leading bedbank, a multinational company that manufactures medical devices and a mobile phone network operator.
Nim implemented new processes whilst working in-house to maximise efficiency including developing template agreements, introducing various legal policies and document management procedures and providing legal training workshops. She is praised by clients for her pro-active approach to progressing deals, understanding clients’ business objectives and providing clear and pragmatic legal advice.