Having trained at Shoosmiths, Nim qualified as a solicitor in 2017 into the Commercial Group in Birmingham. Nim regularly advises clients in a range of sectors including retail, food, IT, travel and automotive.
Nim’s recent experience includes:
- reviewing and drafting franchise agreements, drafting ancillary franchise documents and advising multiple franchisee clients on key issues around risks and obligations;
- drafting and assisting in the negotiation of sponsorship and ambassador agreements for a prominent automotive manufacturer for high profile celebrities and sports personalities;
- reviewing and providing advice on and drafting contract variations for complex outsourced catering contracts for a leading catering company and completing risk analysis documentation;
- assisting with large scale data protection audits to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation for national and international clients;
- conducting commercial due diligence on numerous multi million pound corporate matters;
- drafting/negotiating various business as usual contracts including licence agreements, NDAs, supply/purchase of goods/services agreements, marketing agreements, terms and conditions for promotions/competitions, privacy and cookies policies and IP agreements; and
- assisting with advertising standards queries for major automotive clients.
Nim recently completed a secondment to a Fortune 500 multi-brand technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. Nim gained invaluable in-house experience negotiating cloud solutions contracts, software and hardware reselling and IT managed services from the perspective of the IT provider.
Nim has also spent time on secondment with a number of clients including two automotive manufacturers, a luxury makeup, skincare & fragrance brand, a multinational commercial catering and foodservice company, the world’s leading bedbank and a multinational company that develops, manufactures and markets medical devices and services related to ostomy, urology, continence, and wound care, where she advised on numerous commercial issues, as well as consumer dispute resolution, employment, property and banking law.
Nim studied Law (1st) at Keele University and completed her Legal Practice Course (Distinction) at the University of Law, Birmingham.