Paul specialises in M&A transactions, private equity investments, complex international group reorganisations, management incentive arrangements and high net worth/family investment structures. Paul has specialist expertise in the health & social care sector having advised on numerous transactions and projects for a number of large care groups. 2019 highlights include:
- acting for National Care Group on their acquisition of Integra Group;
- acting for Precious Homes on the acquisition of a supported living business;
- acting for Console Care Holdings Limited in connection with the acquisition of the operating business of residential care home group Tanglewood Care Homes alongside Elevation Healthcare Properties (EHP), a real estate fund advised by Elevation Advisors.
- advising Electrolux on various corporate projects and investments;
- advising Triple Point on various portfolio acquisitions and disposals;
- as client partner, being appointed to the panel of NYSE listed Iron Mountain (including acting on various complex corporate projects and external acquisitions);
- as client partner, being appointed to the panel of preferred legal advisers of Odeon Group on corporate matters.
Paul leads the Shoosmiths’ healthcare team which was once again shortlisted for legal adviser of the year at the LaingBussion Healthcare Excellence Awards.
Paul was recognised as one of the world’s highest-ranking Healthcare lawyers in the inaugural Who’s Who Legal: Healthcare 2020.