Paul joined Shoosmiths in April 2017 following nearly 17 years at DWF LLP and has a broad range of experience in all aspects of commercial property and development. Paul acts for a large number of developer and investor clients on a wide range of matters including site assembly, acquisitions and disposals, forward funding agreements, conditional contracts and the full range of asset management work. Paul also specialises in strategic land work including planning promotion, option, collaboration and equalisation agreements.
His recent experience includes:
- advising Anwyl Homes on the acquisition and development of a 20 acre site at Handforth, Cheshire for 217 new homes from a promoter and family trust
- advising two family trusts in relation to the exchange of contracts, conditional on planning, with a large national housebuilder in relation to two large sites totalling circa 90 acres for residential development in East Halewood, Merseyside, which will provide circa 700-800 much needed homes for that area
- acting on behalf of numerous landowners (over 15 different sites/locations) up and down the country on their promotion agreements (and collaboration agreements) and the subsequent sale of those sites to national housebuilders where planning permission is obtained, including sites in Cheshire, Bedfordshire, Yorkshire, Oxfordshire, Staffordshire and Essex
- advising St Modwen on Project Jennifer, the £150 million regeneration of the Great Homer Street/Scotland Road area of Liverpool in partnership with Liverpool City Council, anchored by a new Sainsbury’s supermarket and petrol station, a new 80,000 sq ft District Centre, a new 2 storey McDonald’s restaurant, a new home for the famous “Greatie” Market, together with significant improvements to local roads and infrastructure
- advising Greenbank Partnerships on the development of Leigh Sports Village in partnership with Wigan Borough Council, the £80m multi-use sports, retail, leisure and housing development in Leigh including disposal of land for residential development, construction of a new 12,000 capacity sports stadium, swimming pool and athletics track/facilities for the Council, development of a new college and hotel and the forward funded development and letting of a new 65,000 sq ft Morrisons supermarket and PFS
- advising Property Alliance Group and Alliance Real Estate LLP on the sale of a portfolio of 9 industrial assets across the north west, having acted for the clients on the management, redevelopment and letting of the properties for the previous 4 years to enable them to be brought to market