Rachel is Shoosmiths’ Head of Diversity & Inclusion. She is responsible for the firm’s strategic efforts in this space, and implementing relevant programmes, policies, and partnerships.
Her remit includes;
- Working with colleagues across the firm to ensure Shoosmiths attracts and welcomes talent from a wide variety of backgrounds, and contributes to greater levels of social mobility in the UK
- Building organisational infrastructure which supports and nurtures employees
- Engaging with the firm’s employee-led networks
- Facilitating mental health and wellbeing initiatives
- Contributing to policy development which promotes inclusive ways of working
- Liaising with a variety of external organisations, benchmarking bodies, and accreditors, to assess the firm’s progress
- Connecting with the firm’s clients and local communities to further mutual diversity and inclusion ambitions.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths, Rachel held a number of roles across professional services and charity sectors, always with the goal of promoting a more responsible way of doing business, and championing positive workplace culture.