Becky is asolicitor in the Commercial team at Shoosmiths, based in the Thames Valley. She advises on a wide range of commercial and privacy matters across different sectors, including: supply agreements for goods and/or services; distribution agreements; contract variations; consultancy agreements; confidentiality agreements and general privacy work and advice.
Whilst training, Becky undertook seats in Real Estate, Commercial and Employment. Prior to her training contract, Becky worked as a paralegal for Panasonic Europe Ltd in a small in house legal team, providing practical and timely advice directly to business stakeholders on broad commercial matters. This experience has given her an invaluable insight into the type of legal assistance required by in-house legal teams and business, and the necessity for providing pragmatic and focused legal advice.
Becky’s recent experience includes:
- reviewing various types of IT agreements, including software licensing, software development, support and maintenance, SaaS and systems implementation agreements;
- drafting an agreement for the supply and ongoing support for a revolutionary new 3D printing solution for a UK university;
- undertaking an in-depth GDPR compliance audit for a known brand retailer business, producing and discussing with the business an onward action plan to enable the company to work towards GDPR compliance;
- working with an international construction company to review and update its GDPR compliance programme, including drafting and amending numerous policies and procedures and data transfer and sharing agreements;
- general privacy work including UK breach reporting, compiling cross jurisdictional Article 30 records, conducting DPIAs, drafting and amending data processing agreements and contract clauses, and reviewing and amending general data protection policies to ensure compliance with data and privacy legislation; and
- drafting a range of agreements facilitating the supply of products for UK brand name on an international basis;
- advising on a clothing donation, recycling and reuse agreement for large multinational retailer, maintaining direct communication with the business to progress finalising the agreement; and
- drafting a suite of documents for a start-up nanny agency business, including consumer facing terms and conditions.