Rebecca is a medical negligence and personal injury solicitor with over 8 years’ qualified experience of guiding claimants and their families who have been affected by medical negligence and abuse. Rebecca only acts for claimants in complex civil litigation claims.
Rebecca has a varied workload of cases against NHS hospitals, GPs, private clinicians, care homes and Local Authorities involving birth injury, delay and mis-diagnosis, injuries resulting in death, surgical errors, nursing errors, orthopaedic injury, psychiatric injury, mis-treatment and abuse.
Some of Rebecca's recent/notable cases include:
- Obtaining a six figure settlement for a claimant who suffered a permanent nerve injury to their dominant hand and arm during surgery.
- Obtaining a five figure settlement for a claimant who suffered ongoing gastrointestinal problems following a spillage of gallstones during surgery.
- Obtaining a sum of damages for the family of an elderly patient who died whilst an inpatient as a result of excessive force used during a routine nursing procedure, and guiding them through the Inquest process.
- Persuading a Coroner to hold a two day Inquest and find a new cause of death some 18 months after a patient had died immediately following surgery as a result of surgical error.
- Obtaining a six figure settlement for a claimant who sustained a Grade 4 pressure sore as a result of nursing negligence whilst an inpatient in hospital.
- Representing the family of a young mother who died as a result of delayed diagnosis and treatment of sepsis.
- Obtaining a sum of a damages for a disabled adult mis-treated in a private care home.
- Obtaining a sum of damages for a child mistakenly removed from his carers.
- Obtaining a sum of damages for a disabled minor where the local authority had withdrawn respite support.
- In ongoing claims, obtaining admissions of liability in cases involving mis-diagnosis and delayed treatment of encephalitis and meningitis, representing a family through the Inquest process following the death of their loved one and representing a Claimant in a claim involving alleged GP error whilst inserting a contraceptive device.
- Assisting families in maximum severity claims, including birth injury claims involving cerebral palsy and severe disablement.
Outside of work, Rebecca enjoys spending time with friends and family, arts and crafts and travelling.