Rhodri is a real estate lawyer with extensive experience across a breadth of property work, especially development, investment and real estate finance. He advises various stakeholders across the life cycle of property assets, including acquisition site assembly, pre-lets, funding, restructuring and disposals.
Rhodri works across a variety of sectors, undertaking work for national and international clients, including being the lead in-house property placement with a 'supermajor' oil and gas company.
He has considerable experience of managing complex and multi site transactions, and examples of the types of work Rhodri has undertaken include:
* Delivering the first strategic land acquisitions by a developer / REIT joint venture partnership for substantial logistics developments, and acting on their acquisition and pre-letting of a distribution hub development set to be the largest of its kind in Europe;
* Project managing the re-finance of a thirteen site, £160 million warehousing portfolio, with 70+ occupational leases, achieving completion within the targeted timeframe;
* Acting for investment property asset managers on a £180m acquisition of shopping centres, and a £63m facility for a £90m acquisition and development of a portfolio of 200+ public houses;
* Managing the due diligence review of 100+ service station sites on projects for potential re-development, and a £130m intra-group transfer;
* Advising major commercial lenders on an investment finance of £320m UK wide portfolio acquisition, and a £43m finance restructuring of a landmark resort / sporting venue pursuant to a Canadian corporate amalgamation;
* Disposals of substantial property portfolios for administrators and LPA Receivers, including shopping centres, hotels, marinas, retail and residential / mixed use developments;
* Acting for an international investment firm on a £13m financing of their head-lease of a retail distribution centre
Rhodri joined Shoosmiths in 2019, having previously worked at Eversheds Sutherland and Morgan Cole (now Blake Morgan).