Richard enjoys a wide practice, dealing with all areas of commercial development and landlord & tenant work including:-
* Service of break notices and advising on conditionality
* Telecommunications Code (including applications for Code Powers and advising on the impact of the New Code)
* Advising on the scope and nature of easements (express and prescriptive) and applications to Land Registry
* Advising on the interpretation of Option and Promotion agreements
* Validity and extent of restrictive covenants
* Terminal dilapidations claims
* Advising on rights to light
* Advising on security of tenure and the lease renewal procedure under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
* Rent arrears recovery and forfeiture of lease
* Boundary disputes and adverse possession claimsHe undertakes advocacy in the lower courts and enjoys giving presentations and seminars, both internally and to clients and contacts such as RICS. He is also a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Richard completed his training contract at Shoosmiths, spending time in Recovery Services Group, Regulatory and Insurance Litigation, Employment and Property Litigation, before qualifying into the national Property Litigation team in September 2013.
He studied Law and French Law at both the University of Exeter and l'Université de Rennes 1 and then went on to complete his LPC at The College of Law, Guildford.