Roger is a Partner in the firm’s award-winning Asset Finance team. He assists and advises motor finance lenders, leasing companies and banks on the recovery of financed assets and on general litigation matters. He has more than 20 years of relevant experience, having started his career working in-house at GMAC before qualifying as a solicitor.
Roger is actively involved with the Finance and Leasing Association. He regularly speaks at FLA conferences and events, delivers Asset Finance Fraud training to FLA members, attends a range of committee meetings, and has assisted with the preparation of papers on topics such motor vehicle conversion fraud, and sub-leasing fraud. He is also active within the British Vehicle Renting and Leasing Association and in November 2015 he was invited to speak on Leasing Fraud at the Leaseurope conference in Brussels.
Roger frequently advises lenders on the following:
- Title disputes, including dual financing
- Innocent Purchaser claims under the Hire Purchase Act
- Disputes relating to the satisfactory quality of financed goods
- Technical Consumer Credit Act disputes
- Claims against Guarantors
- Financial Ombudsman investigations
- Fraud investigations and recovery
Shoosmith’s Asset Finance team is widely recognised as industry leaders in their field and is proud to have recently won the following awards:
- Leasing Life Asset Finance Legal Provider of the Year 2014, 2017
- Motor Finance Europe Legal Provider of the Year 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Credit Strategy Car Finance Legal Team of the Year 2016, 2017
- Leasing World Asset Finance Legal Team of the Year 2016, 2018