Roger is a Partner in our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team. He heads up a team of lawyers dealing with a wide range of asset, motor and consumer finance matters, as well as general banking and insolvency disputes.
A substantial part of Roger’s work involves advising and acting for banks and other lenders defending mis-selling claims, as well as claims under sections 75 and/or 140A of the Consumer Credit Act.
He also acts for leasing companies and motor finance lenders (including banks) on a wide range of contentious issues including:
- Fraud investigation and recovery
- Misrepresentation claims
- Claims relating to satisfactory quality/fitness for purpose of financed goods
- Title disputes (including dual financing)
- “Innocent Purchaser” investigations under the Hire Purchase Act
- Technical Consumer Credit Act disputes
- Claims against guarantors
- Financial Ombudsman investigation
- General recoveries matters
Roger has more than 20 years of relevant experience, having started his career in-house before qualifying as a solicitor and moving into private practice. He is actively involved with various trade bodies including the Finance and Leasing Association, and the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association.