Sam is an Associate in Shoosmiths' Commercial Team and co-lead for the firm's Future of Transport offering, specialising in advising on cutting edge, new technologies and projects across the Mobility sector.
He regularly advises clients on a spectrum of commercial matters, including: IT and professional service contracts, software hosting arrangements, consumer law compliance and sales terms, high-level data protection matters, and development and collaboration agreements.
Some of Sam's recent experience includes advising:
- a large German automotive on its partnership with a clean energy provider, to encourage the uptake of electric vehicles in the UK and provide cost effective, green energy to drivers;
- a Japanese automotive HQ on its global framework agreement with a mobility-as-a-service provider, paving the way for the significant uptake of electric vehicles across one of the largest driver fleets in the world;
- a market-entrant hydrogen fuel cell vehicle manufacturer on the set up of its global sales infrastructure, including drafting a cutting edge 17-page report on the future of mobility and routes to market;
- a global automotive manufacturer on a number of high-value software development, hosting, and licensing arrangements with Google, Microsoft, and others;
- a prominent micro-mobility company on its cross-border production arrangements and collaboration with a US electric vehicle manufacturer;
- one of the world's largest automotives on its partnership with a new and innovative
company that offers energy payment solutions to EV fleet operators;
- a UK start-up on the establishment of a new, international medical content sharing platform - bringing together physicians, medical journals, organisations, and medical schools from around the world;
- a German automotive on its arrangements with converter companies, including establishing various accreditation schemes;
- a large investment bank on its procurement of numerous business critical IT software and cloud solutions; and
- several national and international retailers on their moves into e-commerce in the UK - drafting consumer sales terms and advising on the online 'customer journey' to fit each client's brand aims in a legally compliant way.
Sam has also spent time on secondment at a number of clients; both in the UK and, more recently, in Japan. Because of this, he has a fantastic understanding of the commercial drivers behind decision making and can provide tailored legal advice to fit every client and project, whether national or international.
Sam joined Shoosmiths as a trainee solicitor in 2017 and qualified into the Commercial Team in September 2019.
Prior to this, Sam read law at the University of Sheffield, also completing the Legal Practice Course there in 2017.