Sarah is an experienced commercial and asset finance lawyer in the Banking and Finance team based in the firm’s Solent office. Sarah advises clients within the Transport and Infrastructure sector, namely in Aviation, Marine and Rail on their leasing and financing arrangements and associated commercial arrangements.
Sarah advises banks, borrowers, sellers and buyers on acquisitions and disposals of aircraft and marine vessels. Sarah also advises aircraft flag carriers, manufacturers, leasing companies and passenger and freight train operating companies, on their manufacturing and supply agreements, leases (operating and finance) and maintenance agreements.
Sarah's relevant experience includes:
- advising a flag carrier on the sale of a fleet of ten small aircraft to a Canadian jet maintenance company;
- advising a flag carrier on the purchase of five Airbus aircraft at the end of their respective finance leases;
- advising a flag carrier on their day-to-day leasing and subleasing arrangements with major aircraft and engine leasing companies, including the novation of aircraft leases;
- advising a private equity company on its financing and security arrangements in relation to the purchase of a freight Boeing 737 for its investee client, which was to be modified to provide environmental marine services for use under a service contract and subsequent leasing arrangements;
- advising the leasing arm of a Dutch bank on its financing and security arrangements in relation to the purchase of three helicopters from Finmeccanica (Italy) for use as air ambulances (circa €27 million);
- advising a rolling stock operating company on their rolling stock leases to KeliosAmey on the Wales & Borders franchise;
- advising a rolling stock operating company on their negotiations with a Dutch-led consortium appointed by the DfT to operate the new West Midlands franchise for the supply of rolling stock (estimated to exceed £250 million), including drafting the rolling stock leases, maintenance agreements and spares access agreements;
- advising a manufacturer on bids for the supply of rolling stock to train operating companies as part of a new franchise tender;
- advising a lender on its precedent aviation loan and mortgage documentation.
Sarah trained at Blake Morgan, qualifying in September 2001. She has worked at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Bird & Bird in Hong Kong. Sarah joined Shoosmiths in August 2015.
Sarah has been recognised as a "Next Generation Partner" for Aviation by Legal 500 2020 and 2021 and a “Next Generation Lawyer” for Aviation by Legal 500 2018 and 2019.