Sarah is an experienced and pragmatic commercial litigation lawyer, who has over 15 years' experience in dealing with all aspects of negligence claims such as employers liability, public liability, road traffic accidents, occupiers liability, noise induced hearing loss, hand arm vibration syndrome claims and has particular experience in defending upper limb disorder claims. She also advises clients on claims pursued via the Consumer Protection Act 1987 and Consumer Rights Act 2015 and has advised on core insurance issues such as potential broker negligence claims. Her case load has also included complicated debt recovery work on behalf of a major utility provider in addition to subsidence claims.
Sarah embraces cases from the start, taking an early and practical view to achieve the best result for the client. She has successfully pursued and defended many claims recovering costs and maintaining the on-going reputation of clients.
Recent experience includes;
- representing the film industry for clients such as NBC Universal (and associated companies) by defending catastrophic injury claims (circa 1 million pounds) and reducing payments substantially;
- Success at Trial in defending a Manual Handling Claim brought against her client pleaded in the region of 500k.
- obtaining full indemnities for high profile clients on behalf of Chubb Insurance and HDI Insurance.
- tactical applications striking out a claim pleaded at £185,000 based on pure economic loss which had no merit in law; and
- successfully persuaded claimants to discontinue claims against clients such as Morrison Utility Services.
Sarah qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2002. She joined Shoosmiths in November 2011 and was promoted to Associate in September 2013.