Sian is an experienced employment lawyer advising clients on all aspects of employment law. Sian’s role entails drafting contracts, policies and procedures while providing day to day strategic and commercial advice to our clients (predominantly businesses) on employee issues. This varies from advising on disciplinary, grievances, redundancies, enforceability of restrictive covenants, TUPE transfers and alleged discrimination issues. Sian also advises individuals/senior executives on their exit from a business and their compromise agreement.
Sian has considerable in-house experience and has developed an inherent understanding of clients' business needs and the support and advice they require day to day.
She has a particular interest in business immigration and advises on the varied commercial and employment implications in this area.
Recent work handled by Sian includes advising:
- Regus, on general day to day strategic and commercial advice on various employee issues including any restructuring or TUPE transfers. Sian also manages any Tribunal claims through to doing any advocacy at any hearing. Sian successfully represented Regus at a two day Pre Hearing Review with complicated TUPE and insolvency issues and multiple claimants;
- Martin & Co (UK) Limited on a range of day to day employee issues including reorganisations;
- a major rail company in respect of TUPE and collective redundancies;
- The Innovation Group on a range of employee issues, commercial contracts, more specifically reviewing and drafting TUPE provisions and consultancy agreements;
- Telefonica, on the framework agreement and complicated TUPE provisions in respect of the sale of 80 of their stores to various franchisees;
- Semtech Limited, on day to day employee issues including acquisitions and tribunal representation. Sian advises Semtech on all immigration issues including maintenance of their sponsorship licence, assigning certificates of sponsorship and applying for visas under the points based system;
- Fyffes Group Limited on the management of a tribunal claim which had no prospects of success in which Sian managed to persuade the claimant to withdraw.
Sian regularly speaks at seminars, runs training sessions and interactive 'bite size briefings' on various topics for clients.
Sian trained with Shoosmiths and qualified in 2007.