Simon is a Partner in the commercial team who specialises in a range of commercial contracts including large scale outsourcing arrangements, I.T. contracts, sponsorship and image rights arrangements and manufacturing and distribution agreements.
Simon regularly advises clients in a range of sectors including the retail, logistics, food, IT, health and automotive sectors.
Recent Work includes:
- advising Macmillan Publishing Limited, the global trade publishing company, on the procurement of over 25 major FM contracts (from tender to final contract) for all outsourced services including IT infrastructure, soft services and hardware procurement in relation to its multi-million pound move into new London and Oxford premises;
- advising Cambridge University Press in relation to its multi-million pound ERP Transformation Project with one of the world’s largest provider of accounts software;
- advising Iron Mountain Inc, the global records company, in relation to a number of key supply contracts;
- advising Aramark Corporation, the Fortune 500 global professional services company, on all its UK outsourcing and commercial matters including deals with the MoD, Healthcare Trusts and LEPs;
- advising The Law Society in relation to the development of a bespoke risk and compliance software product for the legal profession;
- advising Northamptonshire County Council in relation to its ground breaking shared services IT deal with Cambridgeshire County Council and Fujitsu;
- advising a global IT consultant and security provider in relation to overhauling its suite of client and suplier contracts.
Simon has extensive experience of working closely with in house legal teams, having spent time on secondment with ARAMARK the Fortune 500 global professional services company, Informa the FTSE 100 publishing giant, Iron Mountain the global records company, and Cambridge University Press.
Simon spent the early part of his legal career specialising in Commercial Litigation and as such has extensive experience of commercial disputes including contractual arrangements that have been subject to inter-party and judicial scrutiny.