Siobhan is an experienced employment lawyer advising HR professionals and senior executive staff on a wide range of employment law issues including; unfair dismissal, sex, race, religion, disability and age discrimination claims, restrictive covenants, collective redundancy processes and disciplinary and grievance matters.
As well as acting for the private sector and high net worth individuals, Siobhan also advises public sector clients such as a Police Authority, educational establishments and charities.
Siobhan recognises the importance of providing clients with commercial solutions to employment law issues and she takes the time to understand their businesses and how they operate.
Recent work handled by Siobhan includes advising:
- a software company on enforcing restrictive covenants through injunctive proceedings in the High Court;
- a university in respect of defending tribunal claims of discrimination and trade union issues;
- a police force in respect of a sensitive discrimination case in the tribunal;
- a training board on defending a substantial levy appeal from an employer in the off-shore sector and, in respect of a further levy appeal case, successfully defending an appeal against a tribunal decision in the Administrative Court;
- high net worth individuals in relation to negotiating settlement packages including advice on bonus entitlements.
Siobhan trains HR professionals and managers in employment law and she is a regular speaker at Shoosmiths' national employment seminars.
Siobhan is a member of the London HR Retail Circle.
Siobhan trained at London law firm Rooks Rider and in 2004 she moved to KSB Law LLP which merged with Davies Arnold Cooper. She joined Shoosmiths in 2008.