Siobhan qualified and worked in London before moving to Shoosmiths LLP in 2008. Siobhan is an experienced employment lawyer advising and working closely with HR professionals and senior executives. Siobhan recognises the importance of taking the time to fully understand her clients' businesses and needs so she can provide commercial, strategic and tailored solutions to employment issues. Her expertise covers contentious matters such as; unfair dismissal, all discrimination elements and breaches of restrictive covenants. She regularly appears before employment tribunals. Siobhan has extensive experience advising on collective redundancy processes and restructures with advice often being provided at short notice. Siobhan has particular experience advising on disciplinary and grievance matters; Siobhan's expertise extends to acting in the capacity of independent investigator of internal employee grievances.
As well as acting for the private sector and high net worth individuals, Siobhan has extensive experience of advising public sector clients such as educational establishments, charities and the police.
Recent work handled by Siobhan includes:
- acting as an external grievance investigator, in respect of a collective grievance, for a Police force;
- advising a company and its new recruit on defending threats of injunctive proceedings for breach of restrictive covenants and negotiating a commercial and workable mutually acceptable solution;
- defending university tribunal claims of associative disability discrimination and unfair dismissal;
- advising a training board on defending substantial levy appeals and advising on governance issues;
- advising on mandatory vaccinations for care workers, changes to contracts, drafting policies and advising on a consultation process and COVID-19 related return to work employee relation issues;
- advising high net worth individuals in relation to negotiating settlement packages including advice on bonus entitlements; and
- advising on corporate transaction matters and due diligence.
Siobhan provides bespoke training for HR professionals and senior management; recent training included IR35 for managers and an interactive webinar for Bedfordshire CIPD on Managing Disciplinaries and Grievances Effectively which was described by attendees as; “the course was excellent, I particularly liked the case studies”, “a really interesting session in which the practical approach was integrated with the legal stance” and by the organiser as “a first class session to begin our 2021/22 season”. Siobhan is a regular speaker at Shoosmiths' national employment seminars and a contributor to their employment webinars and articles.