Steph is an associate in the employment team who offers legal advice with a commercial and practical approach. She advises on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters to a range of clients including national retailers, engineering, and logistics companies.
Steph’s previous experience includes:
- bringing and defending employment tribunal proceedings, including unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing claims;
- conducting the advocacy in the employment tribunal in relation to those claims, including at preliminary and final hearings;
- advising on a range of HR topics including disciplinary and grievance procedures, policies and employment terms and conditions;
- drafting and advising in relation to settlement agreements on behalf of employers and individuals;
- delivering client-specific and national training sessions;
- advising on business immigration matters, including right to work checks and the EU settlement scheme.
Steph started as a paralegal with Shoosmiths in 2016 and has since completed her period of training with the firm, qualifying as a solicitor in March 2020.