Stuart is a Partner in the National Dispute Resolution and Litigation team. Stuart advises a range of clients dealing with commercial and contractual disputes; termination of contracts, distribution agreements and advice on shareholder and warranty claims and shareholder disputes. He has particular expertise in banking litigation, having acted for all of the major High Street banks. He regularly advises lender clients on matters relating to FCA regulation.
Stuart’s particular expertise includes:
- advising lenders as to recovery and enforcement options;
- enforcement of mortgages, debentures and guarantees;
- advice with regards both personal and corporate insolvency, including the issue of Statutory Demands and Bankruptcy and Winding Up Petitions;
- appointment of Administrators and Receivers;
- pre-appointment advice including reviews of lender security;
- advice to LPA Receivers including advice upon validity of appointment and property-related disputes prior to sale;
- professional negligence;
- invoice and asset finance disputes;
- equitable claims including declarations as to subrogation and undue influence.
Stuart joined Shoosmiths upon qualification in 1999 and was promoted to Partner in May 2007. Prior to qualification Stuart’s experience included working for a Manhattan law firm on an Anglo-American product liability matter.