Stuart is a Principal Associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution team.
Stuart specialises in commercial disputes with a particular focus on real estate litigation, corporate disputes and financial disputes. He regularly advises clients across a number of industries, including property developers, leading financial institutions, public bodies, energy companies and high net worth individuals. Stuart is qualified to practice in Northern Ireland and England & Wales.
His recent experience includes acting for:
- a major Northern Ireland. contractor in an insurance coverage claim on foot of a multi-million pound development agreement;
- the owner of a major retail park in respect of contentious Landlord & Tenant issues;
- a leading Northern Ireland energy provider in respect of a multi-million pound termination dispute;
- a public body in negligence proceedings against a contractor and developer;
- a leading financial institution in relation to a group of high value professional negligence claims;
- a major Northern Ireland property developer in a high court dispute concerning a dilapidations claim;
- a public body defending High Court proceedings in relation to a adverse possession and right of way dispute;
- a prominent property developer relating to a right of way and adverse possession dispute; and
- a minority shareholder in a multi-party shareholder dispute regarding allegations of diversion of business and multiple breaches of directors' duties and the articles.
Stuart is ranked as an 'Associate-to-Watch' in the 2021 edition of Chambers & Partners guide for Real Estate Litigation.
- Property Litigation Association;
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association;
- Law Society of Northern Ireland; and
- Law Society of England & Wales.