Sumit is an experienced solicitor working in the medical negligence department. He specialises in pursuing claims for patients who have suffered as a result of medical negligence by hospitals, GPs and other healthcare professionals.
Sumit has successfully represented claimants in an extensive range of cases. He has particular experience with claims involving below-knee leg amputations, complex orthopaedic injuries, urological injuries, cardiac conditions, bowel injuries and cancer. He has also represented bereaved families in fatal cases arising from medical negligence.
Some of Sumit’s recent/notable cases include:
- A six-figure award of damages for an elderly gentleman who had to undergo a leg amputation following negligent treatment.
- A six-figure award for a young man who suffered a serious wrist injury following a delay in diagnosing a scaphoid fracture.
- Recovering a substantial sum for the family of a lady who died as a result of severe Grade 4 pressure sores in a privately owned care home. Also assisting the bereaved family at the inquest.
- A substantial award of damages for a young man who had to undergo surgery to remove a damaged kidney due to a delayed diagnosis of pelvic ureteric junction (PUJ) obstruction.
- Multiple successful claims on behalf of children and adults involving a delayed diagnosis of testicular torsion and other urological injuries and conditions.
- A substantial award of damages in a claim concerning negligently performed subtalar joint fusion (ankle) surgery.
- A successful claim against three GP-Defendants for joint failures in identifying a patient in cardiac failure. The claim settled shortly before trial.
- Assisting claimants in maximum severity claims, including birth injury claims.
Outside of work, Sumit is passionate about social responsibility and community development. He has been appointed as a co-opted trustee at his local community centre, where he is also a regular volunteer. He enjoys most sports, particularly football and cricket.