Thomas is a retail financial services and regulatory lawyer with over 22 years of experience gained in Edinburgh and London, both in private practice and inhouse at a major UK bank and an international private bank.
Thomas advises on all areas of retail and SME financial services law, including:
- payment services;
- current and savings accounts;
- cash management solutions and client money;
- personal loans and overdrafts;
- mortgage lending;
- credit cards, charge cards and store cards;
- fairness of consumer contract terms and plain English;
- telephone, online and mobile banking and digital journeys;
- commercial contracts with financial services elements;
- outsourcing in financial services; and
- retail regulatory compliance.
Thomas joined Shoosmiths in November 2019. His clients include household name banks and building societies, fintech companies and private, specialised and challenger banks.