Thomas is a retail financial services and regulatory lawyer with over 22 years of experience gained in Edinburgh and London, both in private practice and in-house at a major UK bank and an international private bank.
Thomas advises on all areas of retail and SME financial services law, including:
- payment services
- current and savings accounts
- cash management solutions and client money
- personal loans and overdrafts
- mortgage lending
- credit cards, charge cards and store cards
- fairness of consumer contract terms and plain English
- telephone, online and mobile banking and digital journeys
- commercial contracts with financial services elements
- outsourcing in financial services
- retail regulatory compliance
His Clients include household name banks and building societies, fintech companies and private, specialized and challenger banks.
Thomas joined Shoosmiths in November 2019.