Tim is a banking and finance partner with over 20 years experience in the finance sector, including 8 years as a "client" whilst working with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Tim advises both lenders and borrowers on a wide range of finance transactions including acquisition finance and property investment and development funding solutions.
Tim trained and qualified with Herbert Smith LLP in London and gained extensive City experience with them before moving back to the North of England to join Addleshaw Goddard in Manchester. In 2009 Tim joined RBS as Director of Transaction Management for the bank's corporate real estate lending teams based in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle. Tim returned to private practice with Shoosmiths LLP in 2017.
Recent experience includes advising:
- RBS in relation to their debt funding of multiple investment property acquisitions by a major North-based property investor and developer
- A major high street retailer in relation to a new working capital funding solution
- Moorfield Group in relation to the development of a student tower block in Birmingham
- The Greater Manchester Combined Authority in relation to a development funding package for a major housebuilder
- HSBC in relation to a £30m loan facility against a portfolio of residential investment properties
- A London-based real estate investment fund in relation to a purpose built student development in Birmingham
- A national provider of retirement and care homes in relation to 2 new developments in Birmingham