Aircraft finance & leasing
Our non-contentious asset finance leasing team is recognised as one of the UK's best.
It has extensive experience in the highly capital-intensive aviation sector, where the techniques and structures used to finance aircraft are varied and complex.
The team has a broad experience across the full range of aviation finance transactions.
Our clients include banks, leasing companies, financial institutions, air traffic controllers, flag carriers, and tour operators. We have acted for clients in relation to a range of services, including:
- buying and selling aircraft, helicopters and engines
- finance, operating and wet leasing of aircraft, helicopters and engines
- leasing and financing of other assets such as simulators and IT and air traffic control equipment
Recent transactions include acting for:
- advising a flag carrier on the sale and leaseback of various aircraft
- advising Business Growth Fund on a £2.8m growth capital investment to Reconnaissance Ventures Limited Group, an aviation services provider that operates a fleet of 15 aircraft based at East Midlands Airport
- advising on the sale of the entire issued share capital of RV Aviation Limited, including the multi-million pound sale and mortgaging of their main asset, a two-seater Spitfire aircraft, thought to be one of only two in the world
- advised Swiss International Air Lines on the sale of 20 aircraft as part of the client's phase-out of older models and replacement with the Bombardier C series.