"Shoosmiths won the 2009 Leasing Life UK Law Firm Asset Finance Provider of the Year award."
Asset finance is a vital source of funding for those clients looking for an alternative to traditional bank lending facilities.
Members of our non-contentious asset finance and leasing team have been hand picked for their background and expertise in this field. The result is a team of true asset finance and leasing specialists.
It advises industry leading clients on the full range of asset finance transactions, from small to medium ticket hire purchase transactions and vehicle leasing through to big ticket rail and aircraft operating lease structures.
Tax structuring is an integral part of asset finance, and we work closely with Shoosmiths' experienced tax specialists to provide clients with any advice needed on this technical aspect.
We enjoy the challenge of coming up with innovative drafting solutions and can provide long-term asset finance assistance to lenders by drafting precedent standard form documentation, and through in-house training on best practice.
Our aim is to provide clients with first class commercial and technical advice to ensure they can focus on the needs of their own business and customers.
- Advising a bank on lease purchase agreements relating to supplying mining equipment required for the regeneration of the Tower Colliery open cast mine in Wales, a total deal value of more than £40m
- Advising a bank on a series of hire purchase agreements with suppliers of heavy plant equipment, including the provision of internal training and administrative support on asset finance structures and their tax implications
- Drafting a suite of precedent non-regulated lease purchase, hire purchase and loan agreements for one of the UK's largest asset finance providers
- Acting as one of the main advisers to a lead consortium member appointed as the preferred bidder for the DfT's PFI project to replace the UK's fleet of high speed trains (including advising in connection with the main availability and reliability project agreements, rolling stock manufacturing and supply agreements, train services agreement, the leases (including depot access conditions) and construction documents relating to various depots, agreements to connect the depots to the heavy rail network and asset protection agreements with Network Rail)
- Advising a flag carrier in relation to the leasing of additional Airbus aircraft from GE Commercial Aviation Services and CIT Aerospace