Commercial contracts advice
"We consider Shoosmiths to be an extension of our own team and their flexible approach to providing support is invaluable. The advice is focused and commercial as a result of their efforts to truly get to know our business."
Head of legal, Informa plc
Shoosmiths' dedicated national commercial team advises on the full range of commercial contracts for clients across many sectors.
It is our business to understand your business - the products and services you supply; your relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and your strategic and commercial objectives.
We work very closely with our clients on complex business critical arrangements and our advice covers many different types of agreement including purchase and supply, agency and distribution, facilities management, logistics and warehousing, strategic partnering and outsourcing arrangements.
We are not hamstrung by precedents - we pride ourselves in being able to think laterally and commercially in order to deploy our technical expertise to achieve the best commercial results for our clients.
We also have an award-winning training programme to ensure that our people and our clients have access to the very latest legal developments. This ensures that our clients get access to the best technical advice to give them that competitive edge.
- Volkswagen Group - advising on the procurement by VWG of a centralised internal communications platform for use by Audi, SEAT, Skoda and VW and its entire dealership network
- Iron Mountain Inc - advising the world's largest information management company on its strategic multi million pound records management deal with the UK Borders Agency
- The Law Society of England and Wales - advising on a variety high profile and business critical commercial transactions including co-branded sponsorship agreements, IT outsourcing arrangements and the outsourcing of the legal complaints handling service
- Leading Midlands based car manufacturer - advising on a strategic 34 jurisdiction outsourcing arrangement
- Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council - advising on its strategic and high profile 10-year, multi-million pound contract to appoint an ICT outsourced service provider to 110 schools across the West Midlands with an end user population of circa 50,000