Construction and infrastructure projects
Our construction & engineering team has a track record of helping clients deliver a wide range of major construction and infrastructure projects, in a variety of industry sectors, both public and private.
The team has significant experience of all of the well-known standard form contracts and professional appointments (including the JCT suite, NEC suite, IChemE, FIDIC and PPC2000) as well as drafting and negotiating bespoke forms of contractual arrangements, where these are appropriate. We also understand the commercial drivers for the public and private bodies that are involved.
We can also help you with the myriad ancillary documents that are typically required, such as collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, performance bonds, retention bonds and variation agreements.
In all of the above, we are proactive and will be honest and open with you. We will be as robust with the other parties as is necessary and as you require. And if we disagree with something, we will say so - albeit with tact and diplomacy. You can either call upon us as and when you require our input or we can contribute throughout your project, as an integral member of your team.
The industry sectors in which we have particular experience include:
- Energy and Power
- Transport (including roads, rail and ports)
- Hotel and Leisure
- Water and Utilities
- Waste Management.
Besides construction contracts, the team can also assist you with:-
- Framework agreements
- Facilities management
- Using joint venture vehicles
- Invitations to Tender (ITTs) and tender submissions
- Advice on different procurement routes
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Understanding common problem areas, such as payment provisions and Construction Act obligations
- Post-project de-briefs, to capture your experience for your use on your future deals
- Provision of support to real estate and corporate acquisition projects
- Providing a second legal opinion where you need to take an especially important decision
- Advising a major public transport organisation on the contract for the infrastructure works required to upgrade its transport network
- Acting for a major UK developer on key elements of its delivery of the £50m redevelopment of a major educational establishment
- Negotiating and drafting a design and construction contract for a major bus interchange project
- Advising on an £80m design and construct contract for a rail depot
- Advising a client and preparing contracts relating to a new visitor centre at a World Heritage Site