MBOs & MBIs
"The 'cost-effective, professional and experienced' team delivers 'appropriate and genuinely commercial advice'"
The Legal 500 2011
Our national private equity team has vast experience in advising private equity funds, management teams and banks on all forms of MBOs and MBIs of both private and public companies.
The number and quality of the transactions on which Shoosmiths has advised, together with the breadth and diversity of experience within the team, keeps us in close contact with emerging trends in private equity transactions.
This insight into current market practice ensures we are negotiating the best deal for you throughout your transaction.
We are result-focused and do not score points with other advisers. It is our aim to understand your objectives and priorities in your transaction, and whilst we provide legal advice, we will also provide solutions and work with you and your other advisers to provide the best outcome for you in your transaction.
You can expect a partner-led service from Shoosmiths with a 'hands on' approach in all deal negotiations and a focus on service excellence.
We are supported in-house by specialist teams able to provide you with expert advice on all aspects of your transaction, including tax, employment and pensions, commercial property and environmental, intellectual property, regulatory and health and safety, commercial and competition law.
We understand the time pressures you may face when dealing with your buy-out transaction. We understand the critical importance of strong project management on corporate transactions and will work with you to ensure your time is utilised in the best manner possible.
- Advising the management team on the acquisition and equity documentation relating to the management buyout of Krispy Kreme UK. The transaction secured the support of private equity firm Alcuin Capital Partners and was valued at £25m
- Advising the management team on the £41m buyout of AIM listed Workplace Systems International plc, backed by LDC
- Advising Magenta Private Equity on its investment in JoJo Maman Bebe, the specialist multi-channel baby, nursery and maternity retailer
- Advising the sellers and management team on the management buyout of leading UK packaging business Benson Box Holdings Limited, backed by LDC
- Advising August Equity and management shareholders on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of Planit Holdings Limited to Vero Software, having originally acted on the management buyout of Planit by August Equity in December 2006