Data breach, cyber & security incidents
Our clients really appreciate our considerable expertise and rely on our experience when data breaches or security incidents threaten reputational damage.
In this increasingly connected world, personal information is a hugely valuable asset but it carries with it high regulatory risks of serious data and cyber security breaches. We advise pre-emptively, implementing processes, policies and training.
After the event, our team acts quickly, invoking our clients' preferred level of input from in-house project management to consultancy, steering through immediate requirements through to potential breach notification and beyond. We are pragmatic and our solutions are straightforward and practical, which our clients value when under pressure.
Our in-house specialism includes IT and security experts which, together with external partners, means we can rapidly invoke a full-service response team.
- Advising a global retail brand in relation to a cyber security breach involving the unauthorised online disclosure of a large volume of personal data, including putting mitigation actions in place to combat negative impact upon brand reputation
- Advising a global retailer in relation to a serious data breach involving the disclosure of a large volume of special category personal data; including advising on ICO and individual reporting notification obligations
- Advising a business in connection with an ongoing multi-jurisdiction fraud investigation being undertaken in relation to current and former key personnel, including putting a risk strategy in place regarding data sharing with a data processor based in Japan to ensure the confidentiality of investigations
- Working with a technology innovation business to develop a GDPR-compliant strategy to obtaining and utilising video footage of individuals driving to develop artificial intelligence and reduce vehicle collisions
- Advising in relation to breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) in light of the proposed (although yet to be finalised) ePrivacy Regulation and liaising with businesses to achieve commercial and proportionate settlement of disputes