"In the years that Shoosmiths has advised us, I've found them to be nothing short of knowledgeable, efficient, professional and friendly. My enquiries are always dealt with promptly and smoothly, and I would highly recommend Helen, Sarah, and their team."
Increasingly, employers are relying on overseas workers to provide the skills they need. Obtaining immigration clearance for a key employee can therefore be vital for a business' success.
While the introduction of the points-based system has reduced the overall number of immigration routes into the UK, there are still various ways into the UK, and our immigration team can help employers find the route that best suits their needs and those of their overseas workers.
The introduction of the points based system requires employers to do more than ever to comply with immigration regulations and significantly increased the penalties for employing illegal workers, which can now be up to £20,000-per-worker. Putting in place the correct procedures and training recruitment staff to operate these properly is the key to ensuring compliance and avoiding penalties.
Our dedicated corporate immigration specialists are part of our employment team and can provide the advice to help your business employ the staff it needs, while ensuring you have the correct vetting procedures in place.
We regularly train our clients' managers and HR teams on the latest immigration rules and have experience in co-ordinating immigration audits.
We also provide practical support in dealing directly with UKVI, whether this be routine conversations or in responding to a 'dawn raid'.
Our team of specialists can help your business obtain sponsorship under UKVI's point based system and provide you with practical advice on using the sponsor management system.
In addition, we can provide practical and comprehensive advice to you and your employees on the steps and documents needed for an employee or prospective employee to obtain entry clearance to work in the UK.
- Advising and assisting on an immigration audit prior to a notified a visit by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), including assisting the HR team in reviewing personnel files for compliance and being on call over the weekend for emergency queries.
- Providing advice and assistance on sponsor licence applications under Tier 2 of UKVI's Points Based System for clients in the retail, finance and creative sector, and a number of Tier 2 (General) visas for a number of senior staff and directors.
- Providing advice for employers on becoming a UKVI registered sponsor and acting as Level 1 users on clients' sponsorship management systems in order to assist fully with issuing certificates of sponsorship.
- Providing advice and assistance on compliance with the resident labour market test.
- Providing advice and assistance in respect of business visit visas and intra-company transfers.
- Drafting immigration policies for staff handbooks and procedures for recruitment.