Intellectual property disputes
Excellent service and legal advice from team specialising in intellectual property disputes and litigation and legal disputes delivering an amazing client experience for companies in the UK.
We provide you with robust advice to succeed with any intellectual property dispute you have.
We discuss with you the strategy and tactics to be used at each stage of the dispute so you can achieve your desired goal. This results in swift, cost-effective action.
This is partly because of the global brands we act for and partly because we not only secure your rights, receive payment of damages and contribution to legal costs, but also obtain positive PR in industry and popular press alike in order to deter others from even thinking about infringing your IP!
We deal with disputes covering the whole range of IP, including patents, trade marks, copyright, design right and confidential information.
Where possible, we always use alternative dispute resolution to achieve a settlement without going to trial.
However, where we have had to go to court, we have an unrivalled success rate.
With close international links via our network, the World Services Group, we carry out litigation anywhere in the world, providing you with a local service supported by a national resource and incorporating a global reach.
- Preventing a major high street chain from selling its own label handbags just before Christmas, which infringed the design of a Jimmy Choo clutch bag
- Acting for Waters Corporation in its long-running patent dispute with Agilent Technologies, covering the US, UK , France and Germany
- Carrying out arbitration proceedings for an US software house against its main competitor for copyright infringement
- Preventing counterfeit Samsung product from entering the UK by working with UK Customs & Excise
- Advising LK Bennett on a design right infringement of one of its iconic dress designs in the US