Receivables finance disputes
"We never have to chase for anything and we get information before we've even thought about it."
Excellent service and legal advice from team specialising in invoice discounting & factoring disputes and litigation and legal disputes delivering an amazing client experience for companies in the UK.
Our national receivables finance and banking litigation team acts for many leading financial institutions and is a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA).
We understand the demands faced by our clients in the current economic climate and pride ourselves on building strong relationships to deal with such demands whilst limiting clients' reputational risks.
Our breadth of expertise covers all aspects of dispute resolution within the financial sector and we are committed to achieving the best possible result for our clients in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
We also work closely with our national insolvency team to maximise the recovery of debts and other assets owned by or secured to our asset-based lender and banking clients.
Our experience and expertise include:
- recoveries involving fraud and asset tracing
- freezing injunctions
- claims against guarantors
- commercial loan recoveries
- resolving commercial and contractual disputes
- cross-jurisdiction claims
- consumer credit disputes and claims arising out of Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974
- claims arising out of merchant services agreements
- other issues arising out of disputes between financial institutions and their customers
- professional negligence claims arising out of banking facilities
- securities enforcement
- Acting for a factoring company in relation to a multi-jurisdictional fraud claim arising out of 'fresh air' invoicing
- Representing a number of leading Banks in connection with complex claims arising out of section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
- Acting in conjunction with Shoosmiths' restructuring and insolvency team in the administration of a banking client's customer involving a £50m exposure to the bank. Advising and acting on the enforcement of the client's security against company directors and guarantors
- Pursuing and obtaining a substantial six-figure settlement against a guarantor for liabilities owed following the collapse of a banking client's corporate customer
- Advising factoring companies and invoice discounters in relation to matters affecting the collection of debts, including complex set-off, warranty and penalty arguments