"Laura is hard working and resourceful and has bags of fresh ideas and a genuine desire to help find solutions and move things forward."
Chambers and Partners 2014
Immersed in the communications sector, we provide solid but flexible legal support to agencies in line with project time frames and budgets.
We understand that you work in a fast moving and diverse environment across traditional, digital and social communications channels and that your legal advice needs to reflect this.
We advise integrated communications agencies, design, PR and digital agencies on how best to protect and commercially exploit the intellectual property which they produce and help them to comply with the regulatory framework in which they operate.
We have significant experience in advising agencies on contractual matters including: drafting pre-pitch letters of agreement for use of clients to protect their investment in pitch materials, providing standard terms of business, advising on the implications of the terms of framework agreements renegotiating these agreements and drafting freelancer and sub-contractor agreements. We provide trademark and brand protection advice, too.
We work with clients from the initial concept stages of a campaign to help identify the potential legal implications including: copyright infringement, passing-off, data protection compliance, CAP and BCAP non-compliance; through to the successful delivery of a campaign via print, TV, mobile and social media channels. We advise on rights clearance for music, photographic and other third party content and we draft strategic collaboration agreements between two or more agencies for the delivery of specific projects for clients as well as providing talent and brand ambassador agreements.
We also advise on the protection of agency work through litigation proceedings where appropriate and we can also assist you defending third claims for intellectual property infringement which the agency may receive.
Recent work includes:
- Advising in relation to a six-figure framework agreement for the provision of communication services
- Drafting bespoke terms and conditions for a producer of radio advertisements for use with media buyers and clients
- Advising a communications agency in respect of a synchronisation licence for music in an advert
- Advising a communications agency on whether its proposed campaign amounted to false endorsement
- Drafting and negotiating a collaboration agreement between two agencies for the provision of a national communications campaign