Games and interactive entertainment
"In no time at all Laura has become a useful part of the team."
COO MFORMA LIMITED T/A CONNECT2MEDIA
The video games industry is experiencing a resurgence in the UK through increased exports from the leading developers & publishers, more distribution channels, new independent games studios and help from the government in the form of industry tax breaks.
Our team provides legal support to developers, publishers and professionals operating within the dynamic global games sector.
Whether you require assistance in creating, acquiring and licensing intellectual property rights or help with negotiating and drafting agreements we can help.
We advise in relation to all games contracts including: publishing agreements, distributions agreements, porting agreements, mobile applications and development agreements, on-line gaming agreements, freelancer agreements and synchronisation agreements. We provide advice on copyright infringement claims and how to effectively protect the content you create.
We can also help with video games tax relief.
Recent matters include:
- Negotiating a rights licence with the author of best selling book for the development of console games
- Negotiating a development deal for console games
- Advising a games developer on a substantial copyright infringement claim against a third party distributor and global producer of apps and games
- Advising a games developer producer on its suite of licensing agreements and terms and conditions
- Advising a games developer on its publishing agreement