"Clients say that [Laurence Kaye] is good at getting back to us and understands our commercial requirements."
Chambers UK 2013
As leading legal advisers in the media industries, television-related work is part of our portfolio of services. We can help you with traditional production and co-production work through to creating innovative collaborations and partnerships.
The growth in interactive digital services and social media platforms provide are providing new ways for producers as well as broadcasters and brands to engage with viewers on an interactive and responsive basis, whether to stream programming via platforms like YouTube or to make 'in TV' purchases through internet enabled TVs. In so doing, you are learning much more about users' likes, dislikes and preferences.
With our experience in traditional television coupled with our experience in working on cutting edge projects in the digital media and technology spheres, we are well placed to guide you through this sometimes unfamiliar territory.
We can provide you with integrated, commercially savvy advice in an environment where intellectual property rights need to be adapted to suit new delivery channels and where technology contracts, digital rights management and data protection compliance all become significant issues.
Previous work highlights
- Advising a TV production company on its commissioning and worldwide distribution and merchandising agreement with BBC Worldwide, as well as a programme acquisition agreement with the BBC in connection with an animated TV series
- Advising digital media agency in connection with a campaign of live social TV broadcasts streamed on Facebook to promote a new product range for a high street retailer
- Advising publishing company on a co-production with a TV production house to produce television programming based on its proprietary content
- Advising consumer electronics manufacturer on its collaboration with BBC and other key industry players to develop the technical specification to enable consumer electronic products to receive free-to-view TV services
- Advising on the commissioning of educational TV programming and its delivery via an online e-learning school